Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Viva La Verve! Feb Challenge - Week 3

I love trying out new techniques or tutorials on Splitcoaststampers.  I've been wanting to try this one called "Free Standing Pop-up Card".  Check out Mary Jo's tutorial here

I think the stamp set "twitterpated" is so adorable.  The little girl is so stinking cute..I just love her big head! I paper pieced her bow and top using the same paper collection. 
I added the poppies to the top of the stand to give it some weight.  The flourish is from MFT and the leaves were used to fill in the gaps.
supplies~
pp: Poppy {sei}
stamps: twitterpated, hello {from Verve}
ink: brushed corduroy distress
dies: leaf {MS}; standard circle {Spellbinder}; leafy flourish {MFT}; charming oval {Verve}
misc: red poppy flowers {Wild Orchid Crafts}; ribbon; half back pearls{ebay}

thanks for stopping by! ♥

2 comments:

Bettina L. said...

Love the pop up card design and your colours are superb. Really stunning work. Welcome aboard;) Bettina xx

Skraptacular Designs said...

I love this pop up card! I haven't made one yet either but sure hope to give it a try soon! You did an awesome job! I LOVE cards that are different...sending them to others who do not create is even more fun because they get all excited and think you spent a month making it just for them! LOL Fabulous job and I'm so glad to have you on board with us at Stamptacular!

Hugs,
Priscilla