Sunday, August 5, 2012

DT: Stamptacular Sunday

Happy Sunday everyone!  Hope you're having a great weekend so far.  We had the opportunity to spend some time with our niece and nephews.  It was a gloomy, cold day at the beach with way too many people!  But we still had a great time. 

Ok, so as much as I would love to share more about my weekend...let's get to the challenge for Stamptacular SundayUsing the colors from the photo, I made my own background.  I took four circles in various sizes and sponged ink around them.  Then I took black ink and dragged the color to give it a dramatic look.  What do you think?     
This week's challenge..."photo inspiration":
 Sponsor: Tickled Pink
 
I didn't want to cover the background, so I cut the center out of the frame.  To embellish the frame, I've added half pearls...love these tiny pearls.  When they go on sale at Michael's, I stock up on these babies!

 closeup:
dress: glitter gel pen

Supplies~
digi image: Easter Pinkette Daisy August
stamp: ticket notes{Whimsy Stamps}
dies: fleur de lis rectangle{Spellbinders}; ticket die{Whimsy Stamps}
inks: marvelous magenta, basic black, ballet blue, orchid opulence, mauve mist{SU}
misc: flowers{WOC}; daisies from my stash; pearl and crystal beads; glitter gel pen{Sakura}

thanks for stopping by♥


4 comments:

Ann Marie Governale said...

Love, love thiss card. I love the die cut "frame" and your background is fabulous...sorry I could not join you for this week's challenge.. just wanted to stop by to tell you how much I love this card! xxx Ann Marie (Stamptacular dt mate)

Elizabeth Hart said...

Love your card this week at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge. So pretty and I love your background paper, Elizabeth ( team mate at Stamptacular)

Elise said...

Wow, love your fantastic card!! Lovely image and great coloring!!
Greetings Elise (SSC team mate)

Izzy Anderson said...

Gorgeous card. You have such a great coloring technique!