Sunday, November 25, 2012

DT: Stamptacular Sunday~winter bliss card

Hi everyone!  This week's challenge at Stamptacular Sunday is...."Winter Bliss".  Simply create a project or card with a winter scene.  Oh, and if you create a scene all on your own, your name will be entered three times!  We look forward to seeing your project...hope you'll play along!

This week's sponsor:
Saturated Canary
prize: choice of 2 digi stamps

For my cards, I used an older stamp from Penny Black.  This first card, I stamped on kraft paper from Core'dinations.  The design papers are from the paper collection, Jingle{LilyBee Design}The sentiment is from a stamp set from Lil' Inker Designs.  The border punch I used is the Snow Flurry from Martha Stewart and the image is layered with the Spellbinders die, lacey circle.  To finish off the card, I hand stitched using some dark brown twine and added pearl adhesives to the two corners.
I decided to make this second card using the same image, but on white cardstock.  The design papers are from last year's paper collection, Believe{Recollection}.  I used a Sizzix die, Christmas tree #2 and trimmed the bottom of the tree.  The paper is the Whitewash Colorcore{Core'dinations} and ran it through with the swiss dot embossing folder.  To bring out the green cardstock, I sanded the paper a few times.    


Supplies~

paper: Believe{Recollections}; Jingle{LilyBee Design}; Whitewash{Core'dinations}
image: Wishing...{Penny Black}; Instant Camera: Christmas stamp set{Lil' Inker Designs}; itty bitty background stamp set{SU}
tools: classic circle die{Spellbinders}; bell, holly punch{MS}; aspen snowflakes, snow flurry border punch{MS}; tree{Sizzix}; swiss dot embossing folder{Cuttlebug}

thank you for stopping by♥


3 comments:

Danielle C said...

Great set of cards! The image is so sweet and I just love the design papers!
Danielle:)

Frances said...

Lovely card, Stephanie! love your coloring and scene you have created. thanks for sharing, hugs, Frances.

Penny said...

Stephanie, love both versions of this card! Such a darling image, love your coloring, love the papers, die cuts & embellishments! :^)
Hugs, Penny